In early November, we’re releasing an updated version of the SafetyLine app for Android!
This update provides new features and benefits:
- This update paves the way for future upgrades, and introduces more control over the GPS breadcrumbs feature.
- When you report a location to SafetyLine with the breadcrumbing feature, you’ll now be able choose when you’re sending breadcrumbs (when checked in, or only during emergency).
- Battery level will now be included in GPS reports.
Using the new breadcrumbing feature
Once your app is updated, to find this new feature:
- Open the SafetyLine app and enter your login ID to proceed (contact our Support if you have difficulty remembering your login ID and password)
- Select the Menu (☰) at the top left, and then “Settings.”
- Enable “GPS Breadcrumbs.” (slider in right position)
- In the box here, choose between either “Only when checked-in” or “Only in Emergency.”
Device battery level reports
One of the benefits that comes with the update is a report of your device’s battery level:
- GPS breadcrumbs will now include your device’s battery charge.
- As a Worker’s phone battery depletes, SafetyLine will record the decrease over time.
- If a Worker phone battery dies while they’re in Emergency, their Monitor can now see that information and act accordingly.
Please note, when the new SafetyLine app lands on Android, once you’ve installed the update you’ll need to log into the app again. If you have difficulty remembering your password, please contact our Support here.